Prices are accurate at the time of publication.
When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
- Choosing gifts that come with gift wrapping is an easy way to make gifts feel extra special.
- We’ve rounded up a list of stores that offer gift-wrapping services for free (or a small fee).
- If you’re planning on shipping gifts, be sure to check out this year’s holiday shipping deadlines.
Christmas is coming up soon, and with the shipping delays this year, it’s been advised to order items earlier than usual.
One perk of ordering your gifts sooner is getting another part of the gift-giving process done: Gift wrapping. Thanks to stores that will gift-wrap orders for you, you can easily up your gifting game with a beautiful box or shiny bow without having to spend the last few hours of Christmas Eve cutting yards of sparkly paper or trying to get the ribbon to curl just so.
Below, we listed some of the most popular retailers that offer gift-wrapping services. Pro-tip: Since choosing the perfect item or size for someone else can be a challenge, consider shopping at stores that offer free returns or browsing our 2021 holiday gift guide with gifts broken down by budget and interests.
Get gift-wrapping services for free or a small fee at these stores:
- Amazon: While not available for every single item, gift wrapping is an option for most products found on Amazon. Gift wrapping includes a box, decorative ribbon, and a printed card with a gift message. Prices vary depending on the nature of the item.
- Apple: Gift-wrapping is available for select orders placed online either for delivery or pickup. When an eligible product is added to your bag, a checkbox comes up automatically with the option to select “This is a gift.” Apple Gift Package includes a signature gift box with a red ribbon and a greeting card with your personal message. Costs for full gift wrapping vary, but adding a gift message is free.
- Barnes & Noble: Nearly all in-store and online purchases from Barnes & Noble can be gift-wrapped. A gift message is free to add, while full wrapping with a box and ribbon costs $4.99.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Many Bed Bath & Beyond stores have a station where you can gift wrap a package for free, complete with wrapping paper, tape, and ribbon. Online orders can be gift-wrapped starting at $5.99 per order.
- Best Buy: Best Buy doesn’t offer any true gift wrapping options. However, it will email the gift recipient a personalized message once the gift has been delivered for free. Additionally, Best Buy-branded gift boxes can be purchased for $4.99.
- Bloomingdale’s: You can get most gifts wrapped for $5. Personalized messages are free.
- Buy Buy Baby: Most Buy Buy Baby stores have a free gift wrapping station in stores with all the essentials like tape, wrapping paper, and ribbon. However, there is no gift wrap option for online orders.
- Crate & Barrel: Gifts can be placed in simple black-and-white boxes with branded ribbons for $5.50 per box. Certain items do not qualify for gift-boxing, including Outlet, oversized and heavy items. A gift message can be included for all items for free.
- Lands’ End: Most online Lands’ End purchases can come in cute branded boxes with ribbons by simply selecting the “Gift Box” option at checkout. Personalized gift messages can also be added.
- L’Occitane: While L’Occitane won’t do all the work for you, you can choose to add a Signature Gift Box Kit with your purchase at checkout so you can easily wrap the gift yourself at your convenience. The kit includes a gift box, tissue paper, and a ribbon for $4.99.
- MAC Cosmetics: MAC provides branded gift boxes starting at $4.95. It also has what it calls “digitally wrapped gifts” that make gifting makeup and skincare products especially easy. The recipient will receive a notification about the gift via text or email. They can then easily accept the gift, swap the shade, or even choose a different product of the same price and decide when it will be delivered to their doorstep.
- Neiman Marcus: You can select a gift wrap option during online checkout for $7.50. Gifts come in a pretty silver box with a bow, a personalized gift message, and a gift tag ornament.
- Nordstrom: In addition to free standard shipping and free returns, Nordstrom also offers free in-store gift wrapping on orders, making holiday gifting extra easy. If you order online, you can purchase a $3 DIY gift-wrapping box set at checkout.
- Pottery Barn: Both in-person and online orders can be gift-wrapped by Pottery Barn. However, the fee for the service is higher than at many other stores, costing $8.50 per item.
- Sephora: At checkout, Sephora shoppers can opt for gift wrapping services. A simple black bag with a red drawstring costs $3, while a Sephora-branded gift box runs $5. You can also add a gift message for free.
- Sur la Table: Gift-wrapping is available for most items at Sur la Table. During the online checkout process, you can designate the items that you want to be gift-wrapped or choose to add a free gift message. Gift-wrapping costs $5.99 per item.
- Ulta: The beauty giant offers special holiday gift boxes for orders during December. Choose a gift option during checkout for $3.95.
- Uncommon Goods: You can get more than 90% of Uncommon Goods products in a gift box for $4.95 (exceptions apply for large items or items shipped outside the US).
- Williams-Sonoma: For online orders, gift wrap is available that includes the brand’s signature white paper and a black ribbon. The service is rather pricey at $8.50 per item, and each line item in your shopping cart is wrapped separately, with the exception of multiples of products. A gift message can be included for free.
- World Market: Select products can be gift-wrapped for $5.50 with a personalized message included.