Good morning and welcome to Insider Advertising for March 15. I’m senior advertising reporter Lauren Johnson, and here’s what’s going on:
If this email was forwarded to you, sign up here for your daily insider’s guide to advertising and media.
- Sean Czarnecki reports that the SPAC and IPO market is heading for another robust year, which means opportunity for PR firms.
- Companies going public need seasoned communications vets to help put their businesses in the best light for investors.
- Insider identified the top 18 public relations pros working in IPOs and SPACs today.
- The audio-only app Clubhouse has had a meteoric rise since launching in 2020.
- Sydney Bradley reports that influencers have taken notice and built a bustling community on the app for networking.
- Marketers are also tapping in by using Clubhouse to scout talent and cast campaigns.
- Dunkin’ has launched long-term programs on social media to help promote products.
- Amanda Perelli reports that the brand has leaned into hiring influencers, employees, and fans to film content for TikTok.
- Dunkin’ has a large TikTok presence with 2.4 million followers.
More stories we’re reading:
- Mars CEO says that the pandemic will redefine how the company approaches business travel and office design (Insider)
- How finance-focused TikTok creator Tori Dunlap’s earnings ballooned after she began posting videos to help her 860,000 followers take control of their money (Insider)
- HBO content will remain commercial-free in ad-supported version of HBO Max (The Wrap)
- Condé Nast expects strong revenue growth in 2021 after “very difficult year,” CEO says (The Information)
- House panel weighs moves to rein in big tech, aid media (Wall Street Journal)